Postdoctoral Fellow in the History of World War II and Soviet Society
Institute for Advanced Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of history of World War II and Soviet society, history of Stalinism, as well as other topics dealing with Soviet and post-Soviet history and culture more broadly.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
● Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Soviet or Modern European History or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
● Candidates should have an ability to work in team;
● Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is desirable;
● Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
● working under the direct supervision of Oleg Budnitskii, the Institute’s Director, and Michael David-Fox, the Academic advisor at the Institute for Advanced Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies;
● participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on the Institute of Advanced Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies’ research projects such as:
o Soviet Social, Political and Cultural Practices in a Transnational Context
o From War to Peace: Tendencies and Factors of the Postwar Transit in the USSR
● writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals;
● participation in the events of the Institute and other contribution to the Institute’s development;
● public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
● some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have high opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times) in case of outstanding performance.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Institute may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2022.
For more information please follow the link.